Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Book Report: Princess Diaries Sixsational


Last week I finished the third book of my 2012 reading list, The PRINCESS DIARIES Sixsational by Meg Cabot. I am a fan of the Princess Diaries films, I grew up watching them along with my Mom and my older sister, Rachel. The film was made by one of my all time favorite directors, Gary Marshall, he has made so many witty and enjoyable films. The main characters were played by my favorite actresses too, such as Anne Hathaway who played Mia the Princess of Genovia and Julie Andrews (the one actress I absolutely adore, the most elegant actress of all time) as Grandma a.k.a the Queen of Genovia.

But enough about the movie, I decided that I should start reading the Princess Diaries book version :P I've never touched a Princess Diary book before, so I picked up a few when I went to the book fair last year (I posted about the book fair at my other blog, here's the post)

What I thought about the book:
I was surprised to notice that the book and the movie has so much differences. For instance, there's no Joe (the cool bodyguard in the movie, I would love to have a bodyguard like Joe!) in the book, Mia's bodyguard is named Lars which does not exist in the movie, at least that's what I can recall. Another example, Mia's father (who is acknowledge as the late prince in the movie) is still alive.

What I like about the book is that it's written in a journal format. I have an interest in reading books that I written in the form of a journal or a letter, somehow it makes it more interesting and fascinating for me to read :) The book is filled with Mia's journal entries during the time when she goes back to school after summer break.

There were a lot of additional characters in the book than in the movie. Mia had more friends at school whereas in the movie she is mostly shown only with her best friend Lilly. Lana, Mia's fabulous cheerleader nemesis at school, and her boyfriend Josh are also in the book, although very few parts about Josh is written inside the story.

Overall, the book was very fun to read, I found it very amusing. It's like reading through a teen flick. There are some parts in the book that made me giggle. My favorite character in the book was Lilly, Mia's best friend. She's the same in the book and in the movie, her obnoxious, brave, carefree character amuses me.

This book is fun, exciting, and easy to read. I'd read it again. My rating is...4 stars! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment